Intensely chocolatey, extremely easy to make, these salted brownie cookies are the ultimate chocolate cookie for both brownie and chocolate lovers!
- 1 cup flour (1–1 Gluten free flour or All Purpose)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons neutral oil (like canola, safflower, vegetable)
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chunks (or mini chips)
- sprinkle of flaked sea salt (optional topping)
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Whisk well so everything is blended together nicely.
- Stir in remaining ingredient to for a thick batter.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter and then roll into balls. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt then bake 15 minutes. Let sit out another 10 minutes before eating. They will look a little undercooked initially, but will firm up when cooling.
- You can also use a small ice cream scoop will give you approximately 18 cookies. Bake 9 minutes if making smaller cookies.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
Keywords: chocolate cookies, brownie cookies, gluten free cookies, 1 bowl cookies, allergy free cookies, salted chocolate chunk, nut free