Light and cakey, Pumpkin infused snickerdoodles covered in sparkling, spiced sugar.
- 2 C. Gluten free Flour (Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 stick softened vegan stick butter (Earth Balance Soy free)
- 1/2 C. organic cane sugar
- 1/2 C. canned organic pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie pilling)
- 1 flax egg (1 TB. flax meal + 3 TB. warm water, mix and let sit for 2 minutes)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 C. fine sanding sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Make flax egg in a small bowl. 1 TB. ground flax meal mixed with 3 TB. warm water. Stir and let sit.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt & nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, mix together butter, cane sugar and pumpkin until smooth. Add flax egg and vanilla extract and combine.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low to combine. Stir sides if needed.
- In a small bowl whisk together find sugar, cinnamon and allspice.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2″ sized balls then drop into sugar mix. Roll round to coat and transfer to lined baking sheet. Flatten each slightly to about 1/2″ thick.
- Bake 12-14 minutes (rotate half-way through).
- Let cool on sheets completely before storing.
Flour options: Can substitute All-Purpose Flour in equal amounts to recipe. If using a different Gluten-Free blend, do not forget to add Xanthan Gum if required.
- Category: Dessert