An easy and delicious recipe for Homemade, Vegan Pumpkin Pie. This is the only pumpkin pie recipe you will ever need and it’s perfect for the holidays! #allergy-friendly and #gluten-free too
QUICK CRUST RECIPE
- 1 1/3 C. Bob’s Red Mill GF All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/3 C. Spectrum Organic Vegetable Shortening (Or Earth Balance)
- 2 TB Very Cold Water
PIE FILLING (option 1 with Tofu)
- 1 (16oz) canned Pumpkin (not pie mix)
- 3/4 C. Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 C. Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 3/4 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice *
- 1 (12oz) Pkg. Silken Tofu, drained & blended smooth (a blender works great)
PIE FILLING (option 2 without Tofu)
- Preheat Oven to 425°
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, 1/2 tsp salt and the shortening with pastry cutter until flour is dampened. Slowly incorporate cold water 1 Tb at a time, until all water is absorbed (you may not need all the water, just enough to form the perfect, doughball).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out until 1/4″ thick. Life dough and lay in pie pan. Trim overhanging dough and reserve scraps for cut out shapes. Crimp sides or press down with the back of your fork5 to create decorative edges on your crust.
- In a blender, blend together all filling ingredients (using option 1 or 2) .
- Pour filling into pie shell and decorate with pie cutouts if desired.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350° and bake approx 40 minutes longer. **If using cornstarch version, center of pie will not be completely set when done. This will happen during cooling process.
- Cool completely the refrigerate before serving.
Let cool completely, then top with your favorite homemade or store-bought vegan whip cream.
If you don’t have Pumpkin Pie Spice you can use: 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. ginger + 1/4 tsp. nutmeg + 1/4 tsp. ground cloves.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: holidays
Keywords: pumpkin pie, thanksgiving, pie, vegan dessert, holidays