- 1/2 cup chilled vegan butter (slice into smaller sizes to help blend up nicely)
- 3/4 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons organic molasses
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk (flax, coconut, soy or almond milk)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour (or Bob’s Red Mill Gluten free 1 to 1 Baking Flour)
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup + 1/2 cup chocolate chips, divided (Enjoy Life brand is V & allergen friendly)
- Flaky sea salt (optional but you won’t regret using it)
- Preheat oven to 375° (F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment and beat the butter, both sugars and vanilla on medium speed until smooth (usually 2 minutes). Reduce to low speed and add molasses, dairy-free milk and pumpkin puree, blending until well combined.
- In a medium sized bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice and stir just to incorporate.
- Add dry ingredients into the wet mixture and beat on low speed until ingredients are combined. The batter will be a little thick and sticky. Fold in 1 and 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough using an ice cream scoop onto prepared cookie sheet, leaving 2 inches between each cookie. Bake 10-12 minutes* or until edges are golden and centers are soft but set. Press a few chocolate chips on the top and sprinkle with sea salt, if using. Cool on baking sheet 15-30 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
*If using a mini ice cream scoop, bake 8-10 minutes.
**Make cookie dough ahead of time, cover well with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 5 days.
***For rounder cookies, refrigerate scoops of cookie dough 30 minutes before baking.
Keywords: pumpkin, pumpkin recipe, fall recipe, cookies, chocolate chip