This simple, yet delicious soup is the perfect blend American & Asian blend. Miso soup using diced potatoes instead of tofu, brings a new dimension of interest to our family favorite.
- 6–8 C. water
- 3 heaping TB. of white miso paste
- 2–3 TB. tamari or soy sauce
- 1 piece of kombu (if using)
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add miso paste and stir to dissolve.
- Add in tamari (or soy) and your piece of kombu.
- Carefully, add diced potatoes to the pot.
- Bring to a simmer and allow to cook until potatoes have softened, 15-20 minutes.
- Season with extra tamari if desired.
- Remove kombu from broth and toss.
- Ladle into soup bowls and serve.
- To change-up your soup:
- Remove potatoes and serve broth as is.
- Replace potatoes with Tofu.
- Try adding in other ingredients such as shiitake mushrooms, scallions or udon noodles.
- Category: Soups
- Cuisine: Asian American