Pomegranate orange pancakes are full of flavor and packed with “WOW”, especially when drizzled with our homemade Orange Maple Glaze. Free from dairy, egg, & nuts with a delicious gluten-free option.
for the pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour of choice
- 1 tb. evaporated cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. himalayan sea salt
- 1 aquafaba egg
- 3/4 cup coconut milk coffee creamer
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup-3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- oil or dairy-free butter for griddle
for the glaze
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tb. orange juice
- 1 tb. pure maple syrup (or agave)
Preheat oven to 200° and make sure rack is placed in the center (or set oven on warm).
- In your standing mixer, add 3 tablespoons of chickpea brine (aquafaba) and set on high. Allow mixer to “whip” liquid 5-7 minutes, or until peaks form.
- While brine is mixing, in a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gently add creamer, orange juice, zest, and extract into the whipped aquafaba. Whip a few times to incorporate then add in flour mixture and whisk until combined.
- Fold in pomegranate seeds. Let batter rest while griddle heats up (5 minutes).
- With griddle on medium low, melt butter, drizzle with oil or lightly spray. Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter onto the hot pan and cook until bubbles start for form on top and then flip over and cook until golden brown (2 minutes per side).
- Place pancakes in oven proof container then repeat until all the batter has been used.
make the glaze:
- whisk together confectioners sugar, orange juice and maple syrup. Serve with warm pancakes as drizzle or dip.
*Depending on the time of year, blueberries or raspberries are a great option to use in place of pomegranate seeds.
I have also made these pancakes using Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 GF flour and they also turned out nicely with the aquafaba egg. If using a different GF flour, be sure to see if xanthan gum is needed.
***This glaze also makes for a wonderful cupcake topping or even can be used as a dip for freshly sliced fruit.
- Category: Breakfast