Classic monkey bread with a Vegan twist, made from homemade sweet dough, rolled in cinnamon then drizzled in sugary goodness.
- 6 C. 1-1 gluten-free flour blend (we like Bob’s Red Mill)
- 6 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 C. dairy free butter (Earth Balance)
- 2 1/4 C. dairy-free milk (we love Good Karma Flax Milk)
- 4 TB cinnamon
- 1 C. sugar
- 2/3 C. brown sugar
- 3/4 C. dairy free butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350°.
Make The Dough:
- Using a stand mixer, combine the flour, baking powder and salt on low.
- Add in the butter a little at a time until soft dough starts to form.
- Add dairy-free milk and beat on medium speed approx 20 seconds, so the dough is soft. Set aside.
Make The Cinnamon Coating:
- Melt the 1/2 C. of the butter in a small bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon and cane sugar. You will use the brown sugar and additional butter later.
- Lightly spray your bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into 1″ thick square. Cut into smaller squares and form each square into moderate size dough balls (should have around 40-45 total).
- Dip each ball, one by one, into melted butter and then into cinnamon sugar mix until evenly coated. Place each ball into the bundt pan, arranging in even layers, working up the sides of the pan.
- Melt the remaining 1/4 cup of butter and whisk in the brown sugar until combined. Pour the buttery mixture over the cinnamon sugar biscuits. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown on top. Cool for 5-10 minutes and invert onto a large serving plate to release the Monkey Bread.
MAKE THE GLAZE:
Will last approximately 3 days but tastes best on Day 1.
- If using GF flour, be sure to check if Xanthan Gum is required then add as recommended.
- You can also make this using all-purpose flour.
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: cinnamon rolls, biscuits, monkey bread, pull-apart, breakfast, holidays