This vegan Mexican Potato Salad is loaded with buttery avocado cream, black beans and tons of zesty flavor for a south-of-the-border take on a classic Summer recipe.
- 1 lb. baby potatoes (I used Side Delights Golden Potatoes)
- 3 medium avocado, peeled and mashed
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- 1 package taco seasoning (or 2 TB homemade)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4–1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons green onions, tops only
- 1 tablespoon fresh, cilantro leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup diced green chiles (optional)
- Cook potatoes according to package. Remove from bag and place in a large bowl. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Remove cooled potatoes from fridge. Cut into bite-sized pieces and return to bowl. Add can of black beans and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add avocados & lime juice and mash. Stir in mayo, sour cream, and taco seasoning. Add salt & pepper if needed.
- Mix avocado mash into cooled potatoes. Stir to incorporate mash, potatoes & beans. Fold in chopped tomatoes.
- Return to refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with green onion slices & cilantro leaves for garnish.
I usually keep potato skins on to retain some nutritional value BUT if you prefer to remove potato skins, do so after steaming and cooling. They come off quite easy once you cut the potato.
- Category: Sides
- Cuisine: vegan, dairy free, gluten-free, nut-free, egg-free