These Maple Glazed Muffins are easy to make, fun to glaze and have the texture of my favorite cake donut. Vegan, Gluten-free & Nut-free.
For the Muffins
- 1/4 cup vegan butter (Earth Balance Soy Free)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/3 cup granulated cane sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 egg replacers (2 TB Neat Egg + 4TB water)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanillla extract
- 2 2/3 cups 1-for-1 GF Blend or All Purpose Flour (Used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup dairy free milk (coconut or flax)
For the Glaze
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line 12 cup muffin tin with liners.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, use paddle attachment and beat together butter, oil and sugars until smooth. Add in egg replacer. Turn mixer to low speed and add baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and vanilla until combined. Stir in the flour and milk, alternately and combine.
- Spoon batter into cups, filling 3/4. Bake until muffin tops are pale golden and spring to the touch 15-18 minutes. Cool 5 minutes in tin before transferring to a wire rack and cool 10 more minutes before glazing.
- While muffins are cooling, melt butter in saucepan, add sugar and vanilla. Add water then stir in maple syrup.
- Drizzle muffins with glaze or dip tops of muffins into glaze. Enjoy!