No party is complete without these light & fluffy vanilla cupcakes, made with aquafaba. Egg, dairy, soy & nut free.
- Preheat oven to 350° . Line a 12 count muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- For the Dry Mix: Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- For the Egg Replacer: Place chickpea liquid in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Whisk on high-speed until stiff peaks form, about 6 minutes. Use a spatula and scrape out mixture into a small bowl. Set aside.
- For the Cupcakes: Using the bowl of a stand mixer (no need to clean it), beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Slowly, add the vanilla and milk until combined then add in the dry mix and combine until incorporated (do not overmix). Fold in whipped chickpea liquid, being careful not to let it deflate too much.
- Scoop the batter into cupcake liners, filling them approximately 3/4 full.
- Bake 18-22 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes, before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Cool completely before icing with your favorite frosting.
Aquafaba- the liquid inside a can of cooked beans. Here are the basics: Take the liquid from inside a can of chickpeas and place it in a stand mixer. Now beat it and watch as it transforms into a creamy, fine, stable foam with the texture, density, and many of the cooking properties of an egg white–based meringue.
- Category: Dessert