These vegan and allergy free pancakes are light and fluffy on the inside with a slight crisp to the outer layer. Add in the simplicity of the recipe, and this is sure to be a keeper.
- 2 C. All Purpose Flour *
- 2 TB. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Fine Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 C. Water
- 6 TB. Brown Rice Syrup (or maple syrup)
- Olive oil or coconut oil for pan
- Preheat griddle or skillet to medium high (325 degrees).
- In a large bowl, whisk dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt). In a small bowl whisk together water and syrup. Add to the dry ingredients and whisk only until combined. Do not overmix.
- Drizzle pre-heated griddle with oil.
- Pour 1/4 C. size of batter onto griddle and allow to sit until bubbles on top start to form. Flip and allow to cook approximately 1 additional minute, or until cooked through center. Repeat with remaining batter. Add more oil if needed.
- Serve pancakes warm with syrup of choice and fresh berries, pomegranates, bananas, or cocoa nibs.
*make Gluten free by substituting Bobs Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour and adding in 1/2 tsp. Xanthan gum.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan, nut free