Who says pumpkin only can be eaten in the Fall? I sure don’t and you won’t either after you make these Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Pancakes. Simply perfect for any time of year.
- 1 C. Coconut milk (or non-dairy milk of choice such as Almond or Soy)
- 1 1/2 TB. lemon juice
- 1/3 C. packed pumpkin puree
- 1 TB. melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 TB. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- *1 C. Gluten Free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 GF Flour)
- Heat skillet or electric griddle to medium high (or 350°)
- In a large bowl, pour milk and add lemon juice. Mix once then allow to sit at least 5 minutes to curdle.
- Whisk in pumpkin puree, coconut oil, vanilla extract and brown sugar. Blend well.
- Add in remaining dry ingredients, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and flour.
- Whisk again to blend all ingredients in together.
- Pour batter onto heated pan/griddle into desired size. 1/4 C seems to yield a perfect size.
- Let sit until bubbles start to form on top, approximately 3 minutes, then flip over and allow to cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom.
- Remove from griddle and serve with toppings of choice.
Can use whole wheat pastry flour OR if using a different GF Flour, don’t forget to check if you need to add Xanthan Gum.
- Category: Breakfast