The perfect Gluten Free pie crust is only 4 ingredients away! Make Grandma proud with your own Allergy-friendly pie crust made from scratch!
- 2 C.Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 C. Vegetable shortening or vegan butter, chilled
- 1/2 C. Very cold water (place water in freezer 5 minutes)
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
- Add your shortening to the flour and break up together with a fork or pastry cutter to cut in and make crumbly.
- Slowly add cold water a tablespoon at a time, until dough comes together and will hold its shape.
- Transfer dough ball to plastic wrap and gently form into a large disc shape. Cover completely and refrigerate 1 hour.
- While dough is being chilled, prepare your filling.
- Remove dough from refrigerator, unwrap and lay on a heavily floured board or parchment paper. Let sit out 5 minutes.
- Flour dough as well and start to roll until 1/4″ thick and 8″ round.
- Invert the crust into pie pan. Press together dough if any cracks or breaks occur.
- Either cut off excess dough that is hanging over the edge or fold under and create a thicker edge.
- Pleat edges and brush with oil if desired.
- Pour in filling and bake according to directions.
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Vegan