Freezable Steel Cut Oats made with your favorite mix-ins for those mornings when you need a quick, comforting and healthy breakfast.
- 2 C. Steel cut oats
- 6 C. water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 C. berries
- 1/2 C. diced fruit
- 1/2 C. seeds (i.e. sunflower, pumpkin)
- 1/2 C. cacao nibs (or vegan chocolate chips
- Lightly spray muffin tin with no-stick spray.
- Bring water and salt to a boil. Add in Steel Cut Oats. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and ready to eat, 10 to 20 minutes, depending on how chewy you like your oats.
- Divide the oatmeal evenly into the cups of the muffin pan.
- Top with the berries, chopped fruits, seeds, cacao nibs, pressing lightly to make sure they are embedded in the oatmeal.
- Place the muffin pan in the freezer until oatmeal is fully frozen, at least 2 hours. Remove and allow to thaw slightly (5 min), until the oatmeal can be popped out of the pan with a thin butter knife. Wrap the oatmeal in freezer-safe packaging and freeze.
- To eat, remove the desired number of pucks and warm in a bowl in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with non-dairy milk or butter.Add brown sugar, maple syrup or agave to sweeten.Don’t forget to add a sprinkle of cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice if desired.
- Category: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 1/3 C.