Easy & Printable Guide for substituting eggs in your favorite recipes.
Flax or Chia Egg
- Combine 1 TB flax meal or ground chia seed + 3 TB water
- Mix well and let sit until thickened and slight gel like consistency.
Ener-G Egg Replacer
- Combine 1.5 packed tsp. Ener-G Egg Replacer plus 2 TB. warm water in a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly before adding to the recipe.
Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer
Equals 1 “Egg”
- Combine 1 TB. Egg Replacer with 2 TB. water.
- Mix well and let sit for 1 minute to thicken.
Please note: this Egg Replacer cannot substitute for whipped egg whites, such as in a meringue or angel food cake.
Equals ONE “Egg”
- Combine 2 Level (unpacked) TB. VEGAN EGG with 1/2 C. Ice Cold Water
- WHISK Vigorously
EQUALS ONE “egg”
- Combine 2 TB. Water, 1 TB. Neat Egg Mix in a bowl.
- Mix well!
- Note: use where egg is binder, not as a stand alone egg
Aquafaba Egg- 1 whole egg = 3 TB. aquafaba OR 1 egg white = 2 TB. aquafaba
- First, drain and reserve the liquid from a can of chickpeas. Save the chickpeas for another use.
- Transfer the liquid to the bowl of a stand mixer or a large metal bowl if using a hand mixer. If you’re using the aquafaba as a binder, you will have to lightly whip the liquid until foamy — not whipped.
- As a meringue, to make marshmallow-style sauce, or to make marshmallows, you’ll need to whip it between 10 to 15 minutes.
Note: Aquafaba should ideally be the same consistency of egg whites to function properly.
Above formula’s are for 1 EGG. Double if needed.