Dark chocolate cupcakes are full of intensely rich chocolate flavor topped with delicious buttercream. V+GF
- 1 cup GF flour (Bob’s 1-to-1 GF blend or AP Flour if no restrictions)
- 1/3 cup cup dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup neutral oil
- 1 cup coconut milk (or dairy free milk of choice)
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 muffin pans with cupcake liners (will make 14 cupcakes)
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt in a your large standing mixer bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together oil, coconut milk, vinegar and vanilla extract then pour liquids into dry ingredients.
- Mix on low speed, using the whisk attachment just until combined.
- Spoon batter into the liners and fill 2/3 full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick centered in the middle comes out clean. Let cool at room temperature before frosting.
- Meanwhile, make your homemade frosting using the recipe above. Add your favorite sprinkles, chocolate chips or crushed candy canes (like we did) for the holidays.
*This recipe works with both 1-1 GF Flour and All Purpose Flour. Just make sure if you are subbing for another gf flour, check if Xanthan Gum is required. **Store bought frosting also works if you have a brand that you love.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
Keywords: cupcake, chocolate, bob's red mill, gluten-free, vegan, nut-free, dessert, holidays