Surprise!!! Not only are these vegan muffins just as divine as a cupcake, they’re healthy too. Your kids will gladly eat their veggies without all the sugar & allergens.
- 1 1/4 C. Whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 C. Cacao powder (cocoa power also will work)
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
- 2 TB. Coconut oil
- 1/3 C. Brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 2 Egg replacers (see notes)
- 1 Zucchini, shredded & squeezed dry (approx 1 C.)
- 1/4 C. Natural, unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 C. So Delicious Chocolate flavored, coconut milk
- 3/4 C. Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips (divided 1/2 C. & 1/4 C.)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 12 cup muffin tins with liners and spray insides with nonstick spray.
- Shred your zucchini and place in a colander. Squeeze liquids out! You want this nice & dry, as best as possible.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cacao powder, baking soda & salt.
- In a large bowl (or your kitchen aid bowl), add coconut oil, brown rice syrup, vanilla & egg replacer. Mix on medium until smooth.
- Add zucchini shreds, applesauce, & coconut milk. SLOWLY combine (it’ll splatter) then add in dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in 1/2 C. chocolate chips.
- Evenly distribute batter into prepared liners. Sprinkle each with a few extra chocolate chips.
- Bakes 22-24 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let sit at least 5 minutes, then remove from tins and let cool on wire rack.
For Egg Substitute: Neat Egg works great. 1 TB powder + 2 TB Water. Mix quickly, it gels up FAST! Flax Meal is my other favorite. 1 TB. meal + 2.5 TB. water. Whisk & let sit a minute.
- Category: Breakfast