Heaven is only a bite away! Your mouth will thank you once you get a taste of these Dark cacao & espresso cupcakes with a Sunbutter center and melted marshmallows on top. Vegan & Nut free.
- 1/4 C. Dairy free chocolate chips (Enjoy Life brand)
- 1/3 C. Cacao powder
- 3/4 C. Fresh made, HOT espresso coffee (or strong coffee of choice)
- 3/4 C. All purpose flour (can sub with Bob’s 1-to1 GF)
- 3/4 C. Organic cane sugar (vegan)
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 6 TB. Melted coconut oil
- 2 Egg replacer equivalents (Neat egg= 2 TB. water + 1 TB. Mix)
- 2 tsp. White vinegar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Miniature marshmallows (Dandies has awesome tasting vegan marshmallows)
- Preheat oven to 350° (or 325° convection).
- Line muffins cups with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix chocolate chips, cacao powder and hot espresso. Whisk together until chocolate melts. Set aside in refrigerator and bring to a quick cool.
- Whisk and set aside in a medium bowl, flour, cane sugar, salt and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, whisk melted coconut oil, egg replacer, vinegar & vanilla extract. (If you are using Neat eggs, it does get thick real quick, so I chose to use a handheld mixer for this step).
- Remove the melted chocolate mixture from the refrigerator and add into the whisked oil mix. Whisk to combine then add in your dry flour mixture. Whisk until incorporated but no need to overdo this step.
- Divide evenly between muffin cups. Fill 3/4 way then add 1 tablespoon of Sunbutter. It should sink just a little.
- Top batter by pushing in several marshmallows.
- Bake 17-19 minutes (or 12-15 minutes on convection).
- Allow to cool on wire rack first 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
*I remade this recipe using Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-free Flour with the same successful outcome.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Soy & Nut Free