Wholesome and delicious, bite-sized, chocolate coated energy balls made with seeds and dates for a quick pick-me-up or on-the-go snack.
- In a high power blender or food processor, pulse together seeds, dates and sea salt until a crumbly ball starts to form.
- Pour mixture onto a clean working surface and knead together any loose seeds. Pinch of 1inch sized pieces and form into small balls. Insert toothpick in the top and place on a parchment lined sheet. Continue with remaining balls then refrigerate.
- While bites are setting in the fridge, melt chocolate and coconut oil (use the microwave or double boiler method) and stir until smooth.
- Remove tray from refrigerator and dip each bite into melted chocolate, allowing any excess chocolate to drip back into bowl. Place back on parchment covered sheet then add a few sprinkles (if using).
- Refrigerate to allow chocolate to harden then place in a covered container for up to 2 weeks.
If nuts are not an allergy in your home, feel free to use a combination of walnuts, pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
Sprinkles are not necessary but they are totally adorable. Find sprinkles that are safe for you. The ones used in this recipe are gluten free and vegan, however they do contain soy.
These seed bites also taste great on their own. Feel free to leave a few without chocolate for a more natural, raw recipe.
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Top 8 free, vegan, gluten free