Chocolate Lava Cake is a chocolate lover’s dream come true. The warm, gooey, fudgy chocolate center is heavenly and the beautiful berry coulis makes it even more special! As always, it is Vegan, Gluten-free & Nut-free
- 2/3 cup plain dairy-free milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup neutral oil (vegetable, safflower)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup 1-1 Gluten-free flour blend or AP Flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life Foods mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup berries (if frozen, then defrost)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Chocolate Lava Cake
- Preheat oven to 350° and oil 6 muffin tins.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat on medium milk, oil, syrup, sugar and vinegar until combined.
- Add flour and cocoa and beat 3-5 minutes.
- Add baking powder, baking soda and salt then beat until incorporated and smooth.
- Divide between oiled tins, filling 1/4 full. Add 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips to the center of batter then top off with more cake batter, until 3/4 full.
- Bake 10-15 minutes (or until batter is puffy on the edges but center is not yet set).
- Make Berry Coulis (see below)
- Flip pan upside down onto board than transfer each cake to a dessert plate. Dust with confectioners sugar and drizzle with raspberry coulis.
- Serve Warm.
Place berries, sugar and water in a small saucepan on the stove. Simmer on medium heat about 15-20 minutes. Let cool then blend until smooth in your blender.
- Keeps 1 week if refrigerated and covered. Reheat in microwave 30-45 seconds then serve with berry drizzle and whip cream of choice if desired.
Keywords: valentines, chocolate cake, molten lava cake, lava cake,vegan lava cake, gluten free cake, dairy free lava cake