For the dry ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour OR 1:1 gluten free blend
- 3/4 cup granulated cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the wet ingredients:
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk (such as soy or almond)
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 2 tablespoons no-sugar added SunButter
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (vegetable, coconut, safflower)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
For the chocolate glaze:
To make the donuts:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a donut pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl mix together all the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined, adding in chocolate chips at the end.
- Scoop the batter into a piping bag OR a large ziplock bag and cut the corner off of the bag. Pipe the batter into the donut pan, dividing it evenly among the12 donuts wells.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the donuts have fluffed up and golden. Take out of the oven and cool for 5 minutes then flip the donuts over so the bottoms let off steam.
To make the chocolate glaze:
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix well. If the glaze is a bit too thick at 1 teaspoon non-dairy milk at a time to reach desired consistency.
- Dip the donuts into the glaze half way up and carefully lift the donut back out again. The frosting will set as it rests.
- Cut recipe in half for 6 donuts, instead of 12.
- If you have leftover glaze, use it to drizzle over oatmeal, vegan ice cream, or dip fruit into it.
- Category: breakfast, dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: top 8 , vegan, American
Keywords: donut, doughnut, breakfast