Rise and shine! You don’t have to get up at the crack of dawn to enjoy fresh free-from muffins. Just add water and oil to Enjoy Life’s ready-to-use mix, and breakfast is looking pretty delicious.
Baking on a restricted diet can be difficult at times… especially in the beginning. I remember how overwhelming it seemed when I had to learn how to read labels, learn to bake all over again with substitutions, and then learn how to shop find new & safe brands to buy! Thankfully, I found Enjoy Life Foods early on.
Enjoy Life Foods is one of my favorite allergy-friendly brands! Their whole philosophy is about forfeiting the bad stuff without giving up taste or texture. Love that! I always have in my pantry a few bags of their chocolate chips , a box or two of cookies and my son, Xander, loves their bars! They recently came out with a few boxed mixes and so I just had to try them out. Typically, I would bake from scratch but sometimes, it’s nice to have a mix handy (just in case), especially when you’re new to baking allergy-friendly.
Their Ancient Grains Muffin Mix did not disappoint. What I think I loved best about this mix is that is contains probiotics and 5 grams of plant-based protein! Not many boxed mixes can say that. Top 8 Free ingredients, no junk, only good-for-you ingredients like nutrient- and flavor-rich grain alternatives such as quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat and sorghum flour.
Like most mixes, it is incredibly easy to make. Other than the mix itself, you will need oil (I used melted coconut oil) and water. Because everything tastes better with a little chocolate, I had to add their mini chips at the very end. Feel free to use your favorite mixing of choice, like diced bananas or fresh berries.
After a little baking in the oven, they turned out light and fluffy with a little bit of rise on the top. Just keep your eye on them because the bake time varies between 10-20 minutes. My muffins baked 20 minutes, so don’t worry if it feels like it’s taking too long. It’s gluten-free, so just let it do its thing.
In the end, you’ll have some beautiful, allergy-friendly, healthy muffins and no one has to know it came from a box :).
Where can I find this?
I am so glad you asked!
- EVERYTHING is available on Enjoy Life Foods’ website. When you sign up, you will get an email for 10% off your first order.
- Through the Enjoy Life Foods Amazon Page. I cannot tell you the amount of items I buy through this online retailer. It’s just too easy.
- Enjoy Life Foods’ Dash Button. That’s right, they have a dash button so once you link it using your Amazon app, you can then order your favorite items at the push of a button. I recently received mine from ELF and can’t wait to start using it.
- Local Stores. This depends on the city you live in. To see who carries this in your part of town, click here.
How do I make this?Print
Good for you Muffin mix, made from ancient grains and free from the top eight allergens. Who knew baking could feel so good?
- 1 Box Enjoy Life Ancient Grain Muffin Mix
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted (Can also use vegetable oil)
- 1 cup + 2 tsp. cold water
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips (berries, bananas or mix-in of choice)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray or grease a muffin tin or line with paper liners.
Combine muffin mix with ¼ cup oil and 1 cup plus 2 teaspoons of cold water and mix until combined (approx. 10 stirs), do not over mix batter. Additional ingredients (such as berries or chocolate chips ) can be added in as well towards end of mixing.
Immediately pour into greased muffin tin or paper liner, filling each ⅔ full.
Bake for 10-20 minutes until golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then move muffins to wire rack for additional cooling. Muffins can be stored on counter for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
When adding berries to this mix, you may have to bake an additional 5 minutes. Typically it takes 2-25 minutes when adding an ingredient that brings in a little more moisture.
- Category: Baked Goods, Breakfast
- Cuisine: Breakfast, Free of Top 8 Allergens, Gluten Free, Vegan, Kid Friendly, Vegan, Gluten Free & Top 8 Free, Vegan, nut free
Keywords: top 8 free, vegan , breakfast, muffins, chocolate chip, Enjoy Life Foods
What’s been the most difficult thing about changing up your diet? Maybe it’s finding people to support you, finding products to buy, or even eating out with friends.
Were those changes made because you HAD TO make them or you CHOSE TO make them? Mine started as a way to keep my son safe and then it changed into a new way of thinking about food.
Don’t forget to share your answers below,,, It’s much more fun when everyone participates and I love getting to know you 🙂