The Best Blueberry Muffins, which are perfectly sweet, easy to make and full of blueberry flavor.
- 1 1/2 Cup All-purpose unbleached flour or Gluten-free flour *
- 3/4 Cup granulated sugar (I used evaporated cane juice by Wholesome)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 Cup coconut oil (or neutral oil of choice)
- 1/3 Cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 Cup fresh blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons turbinado sugar (optional) to sprinkle as topping.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line 10-12 muffin tins with liners. Toss blueberries with a tablespoon of flour to coat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix remaining flour, cane sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bow, whisk the oil, milk, vinegar, and vanilla and mix until combined. Pour into dry ingredients and then stir to combine. Fold in blueberries gently, trying not to break them all.
- Batter will be thick.
- Fill each prepared liner to the top.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 375°, reduce heat to 350° then continue baking 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with turbinado sugar when pulled from the oven to coat if desired.
*There are plenty of GF flours to choose from and your allergens will determine which you should use. For us, when baking GF, we use Bob’s Red Mill 1-1 Blend.
**Don’t forget the Xanthan gum if your flour requires it.