The Best Blueberry Muffins, which are perfectly sweet, easy to make and full of blueberry flavor.
- 2 Cups All-purpose unbleached flour or 1–1 Gluten-free flour *
- 3/4 Cup granulated sugar (I used evaporated cane juice by Wholesome)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 Cup coconut oil (or neutral oil of choice)
- 1 Cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1–2 Cups fresh blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons turbinado sugar (optional) to sprinkle as topping.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line 10-12 muffin tins with liners. Toss blueberries with a tablespoon of flour to coat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix remaining flour, cane sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bow, whisk the oil, milk, vinegar, and vanilla and mix until combined. Pour into dry ingredients and then stir to combine. Fold in blueberries gently, trying not to break them all.
- Batter will be on the thicker side.
- Fill each prepared liner 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with turbinado sugar when pulled from the oven to coat if desired.
*There are plenty of GF flours to choose from and your allergens will determine which you should use. For us, when baking GF, we use Bob’s Red Mill 1-1 Blend.
**Don’t forget the Xanthan gum if your flour requires it.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: bake
Keywords: blueberry, muffins, vegan muffins