Hello summer! Grab some fresh blueberries and make this moist, homemade muffin, kissed with lemon.
I love looking through Pinterest and seeing the “Pins” that come up that day. For me, I get inspired by the foods and flavors of the seasons. In the Fall we see pumpkins and squash’s, soups and coffees. The Winter months bring an array of decadent chocolate desserts, cookies and hearty meals like chili. Then comes Spring and Summer…..full of fresh produce, smoothies, juices, lighter dishes and berries galore!
Since it’s early Summer at the time of this post, my fridge is full of berries. Blackberries, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries. We’ve eaten them by the handful, added them into smoothies, blended them into homemade “nice” cream, and today I decided on using the blueberries for some muffins. It’s actually my daughter’s favorite type of muffin and so I knew if she liked them, then I could post it on this blog.
This muffin was a little different from the others I’ve made before in that there were fewer ingredients and there was no sugary topping or glaze added. It really didn’t need it anyways, but I wanted something simple and sweet that would pair well with a good cup of coffee.
I really like how the slight hint of cinnamon complements the blueberries, making this the perfect breakfast treat.
Yield 10 -12
Blueberry muffins with a hint of cinnamon to bring out the depth of flavor in these Vegan & Allergy Safe Muffins.
- 1 1/2 C. unbleached flour
- 3/4 C. evaporated cane juice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 C. coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 C. non-dairy milk (i used coconut milk)
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 C. fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 10-12 muffin tins with liners.
- In a large bowl, mis the flour, cane juice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the oil, milk, vinegar, and vanilla and mix until combined. Fold in the blueberries.
- Batter will be thick.
- Scoop 1/4 C. of batter into each prepared liner.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Courses Baked Goods