Nothing says “Summer” like fresh blueberries, especially when kissed with a tart lemon glaze like in these homemade muffins. Allergy friendly, vegan & without refined sugar.
- 2 C. All Purpose Flour ( I used Unbleached AP Flour)
- 3/4 C. Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp. Ginger
- 2 Mashed, Ripe Bananas
- 1 C. Canned Coconut Milk (shake well before measuring)
- 1/2 C. Canola Oil
- 1 TB. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 C. Fresh Blueberries
- LEMON GLAZE
- 1/2 C. Powdered Sugar
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If you are using a Convection Oven, set it to 325.
- Line 2 mini-muffin pans with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder, salt, and spices).
- In another bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, coconut milk, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Pour the wet into the dry and whisk until mixed well. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill each tin 3/4 full (if you have a small ice cream scoop, this is perfect for these size pans).
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. If your oven doesn’t bake evenly, you may need to rotate the sheets half way through its baking time.
- Let cool before topping with glaze.
- LEMON GLAZE
- Place the powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Slowly add lemon juice and whisk until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Drizzle on cupcakes once cooled.
Want to make a double layer cake instead? Use 2, 9″ round pans and increase your time to 30-35 minutes. Go Gluten-free and substitute Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 GF Flour (no Xanthan Gum required)
- Category: Dessert