Lemon Blueberry Cookies with a cream cheese filling – these cream cheese filled cookies are bursting with fresh blueberries creating a delightfully soft cookie with bright citrus flavor of lemon. Delicious!
- 1 cup vegan butter, unsalted
- 1 cup granulated cane sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 vegan “eggs” *
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cup Gluten-free (1 to 1) flour OR All-purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 oz vegan cream cheese, cut into tiny cubes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream together vegan butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add lemon zest, juice and egg replacer, scraping down the sides as needed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour then while the mixer is on low speed, add this dry mix to the wet ingredients. Carefully fold in blueberries.
- Refrigerate dough 15-20 minutes, so it’s easier to handle.
- Roll 1 heaping tablespoon of dough into a ball. If using vegan cream cheese, place 1 teaspoon of cream cheese in the center then fold dough edges back up to cover it, creating a ball again.
- Bake 10-14 minutes, or until edges are slightly brown. Transfer to cooling rack and refrigerate until ready to serve.
*Egg replacer options
- Ener-G eggs: 3 teaspoons powder + 6 tablespoon water, mixed and set aside to thicken
- Neat Egg: 2 tablespoons powder + 4 tablespoon water
- Bob’s Egg Replacer: 2 tablespoons powder + 4 tablespoon water
**Can omit the cream cheese step and simply just bake as is.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, gluten-free