Most Saturdays our family is rushing out of the house and heading to the gym, but last night our two oldest children had friends spend the night so we got to take this morning a little more slowly. And of course, being the type of person I am, I just couldn’t let them have cereal for breakfast. So I brought out my own cookbook/journal (basically where I place all the recipes that I came up with that were successful) and all the ingredients to make our favorite pancakes ever! And I mean EVER!
- 1 1/2 C. Unsweetened Almond Milk (soy milk also works well)
- 1 1/2 TB Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 C. All Purpose Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 C. Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 TB Ground Flax Meal
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Almond Extract (Use Vanilla if you don't have any on hand)
- 1 TB. Canola Oil
- 6 TB. Brown Rice Syrup (or maple syrup will do)
- 1/4 C. ENER-G Egg Replacer + 1/3 C. Hot Water mixed until frothy
- Mix-ins optional (blueberries, chocolate chips, apples, etc).
- Mix Almond Milk & Apple Cider Vinegar and set aside to allow for curdling
- Sift flours, flax meal, baking power, baking soda and salt into large bowl.
- Add extract and oil to almond milk mixture.
- Add syrup to egg replacer until well combined. Then incorporate into milk mixture.
- Combine wet ingredients into the dry and combine. Will be slightly lumpy.
- Lightly spray preheated griddle (325 works well) and use ice cream scoops to help measure amts of batter .
- Turn when light brown on one side. They will fluff up and brown on other side as well.
I love that these are already are sweetened so there really isn’t a need to use lots of syrup. We arrange miscellaneous toppings for them to create their own perfect pancake. Here are some of our favorites!
Sliced Bananas, strawberries and blueberries
Vegan Chocolate Chips
Organic 100% Maple Syrup
Frozen berries that have been defrosted. Spooning the juices on as your syrup tastes awesome as well.
The best thing about these are that they are homemade and safe for us all to eat. I hope you have a chance to try these. If you don’t have some of these food allergies, an egg can be substituted for the replacer/hot water mix, or regular milk for the almond/soy milk.0