Fresh berries and rich coconut cream are blended together to make this refreshing Allergy safe and Vegan Creamsicle.
- 1 TB Arrowroot powder
- 2 14-oz cans Coconut Milk (not light)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 TB. agave (or raw honey)
- 1 TB. coconut oil
- Dash pink Himalayan sea salt
- 3 C. mixed berries (frozen works great)
- 3 TB. agave
- 1/2 C. water
- 1 tsp. arrowroot powder
- 1/2 C. Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together arrowroot powder (1 TB) with 1/4 C. coconut milk until blended. Add to pot vanilla extract then mix in remaining coconut milk, 3 TB agave, coconut oil and dash of salt.
- Cook over medium high, stirring often and bring to a slight boil. It should start to thicken a little. Remove from heat, stir for another 2 minutes.
- Cool slightly then transfer to airtight container and chill overnight.
- Start making your berry compote.
- In a small saucepan, whisk water and arrowroot powder together. Once blended, add in agave and berries.
- Bring to a boil then reduce and simmer approximately 10 minutes. This will thicken a little as well.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool slightly then refrigerate until needed.
- Pour chilled coconut milk base into prepared ice-cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions. Approximately half way through, add in half or all berry compote and 1/2 C. chocolate chips if using and allow to finish cycle.
- Transfer to air tight container and freeze.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan