Baked Banana Donuts are a deliciously perfect choice for a healthier breakfast or light dessert.Enjoy them as is with the sweet maple glaze or jazz these up with chocolate chips or sprinkles!
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (about 1 banana)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond milk, plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure maple extract
For the donuts:
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a donut pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond milk, banana, oil, vinegar and vanilla.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk together until just combined. Do not overmix.
5. Transfer the batter to a pastry bag or a zip-top plastic bag, then cut off one corner. Pipe the batter into the prepared donut pan.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops look set. Remove the pan from the oven and let the donuts sit for at least 5 minutes before unmolding.
For the glaze:
In a small bowl, whisk together all the glaze ingredients until smooth. If the glaze seems too thick, add more almond milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to thin it.
Dip the top of each donut into the glaze. Twist the donut as you remove it from the glaze to give it a nice finish and prevent drips