Melt in your mouth, baked Pumpkin Donuts to enjoy year ’round. Vegan, nut-free with gluten-free option.
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 6 TB dairy-free milk (So Delicious Coconut Milk)
- 1/2 C. canned pureed pure pumpkin
- 1/4 C. organic cane sugar (Wholesome brand)
- 3 TB unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 TB packed light brown sugar
- 2 TB melted Earth Balance stick butter (comes in soy-free & vegan)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or 1 tsp cinn, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/4 nutmeg, 1/4 cloves, 1/4 allspice)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 C. all-purpose gluten-free flour blend (Bob’s 1-to-1 Gluten-free)
Cinnamon Sugar Mix:
- 1/4 C. melted Earth Balance
- 1/2 C. fine cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease donut pans with Butter substitute (or use non-stick spray and some flour).
- In a small bowl, mix together vinegar and milk and let sit a few min to curdle. This will make your “buttermilk”.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, sugar, applesauce, brown sugar and melted butter. Add in the milk mixture and whisk together to blend.
- Sift in dry ingredients (baking powder, baking soda, spices, salt and flour). Mix until combined.
- Using a pastry bag (or zip lock bag with corner cut), Pipe out the batter into a ring pattern in the prepared pans.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they spring back just a little when touched. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then carefully tip over to remove then cool 10 more minutes on a cooling rack.
- Dip each donut 1 at a time into melted butter then transfer into a bag with cinnamon sugar mix and shake until coated! (or you can be lazy like me and I just used a pastry brush and brushed on the butter 1 side at time then used my Cinnamon Sugar Shaker and sprinkled it on top). Make sure to have a pan underneath your cooling rack to catch the sugar that does not attach.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: donut, vegan, pumpkin, baked donut, gluten-free donut, recipe, healthy donut, breakfast