Melt in your mouth, baked Pumpkin Donuts to enjoy year ’round with a deliciously sweet Maple Cinnamon Glaze. Vegan, gluten-free & nut-free with coconut-free option.
Donut Dry Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 C. all-purpose gluten-free flour blend (or equal amount of AP flour)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or 1 tsp cinn, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/4 nutmeg, 1/4 cloves, 1/4 allspice)
Donut Wet Ingredients:
- 1/2 C. canned pureed pure pumpkin
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dairy-free milk (So Delicious Coconut Milk or dairy free milk of choice)
- 3 TB melted Earth Balance stick butter (comes in soy-free & vegan)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Maple Cinnamon Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 TB. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 TB. dairy-free milk (add in to get proper consistency)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray donut cavities with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, brown sugar, milk, melted butter, vinegar, and vanilla extract .
- Sift in dry ingredients flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Using a pastry bag (or zip lock bag with corner cut), pipe out the batter into a ring pattern in the prepared pans.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they spring back just a little when touched. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then carefully tip over to remove then cool 10 more minutes on a cooling rack .
- Dip the top side of cooled donut into maple glaze and allow to drip off before placing back on cooling rack . Allow to set before serving.
Maple Cinnamon Glaze
- Substitute 1:1 Gluten-free flour with your favorite All Purpose blend.
- Use a neutral oil to replace melted butter if needed.
- Lemon juice can replace vinegar
- Any dairy-free milk will work, however we prefer flax milk or coconut milk .
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: donut, vegan, pumpkin, baked donut, gluten-free donut, recipe, healthy donut, breakfast