Tried-and-true, best vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe that everyone will love. Easy to make, Simple ingredients, and Great for sharing with friends because they are vegan, allergy-friendly and gluten-free.
- 2 cups flour (Bob’s Red Mill 1–1 or AP flour)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup vegan shortening (can also sub with coconut oil or butter if needed, but reduce to 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Foods Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325° and line baking sheet with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a larger bowl, use an electric mixer (or stand up mixer) and beat the shortening, water, vanilla extract, brown sugar and cane sugar until blended well. Don’t worry if it looks a little chunky, that will disappear soon.
- Stir in the flour, a little at a time until incorporated and then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2″ between each dough ball. Bake approximately 12-15 minutes, until the edges begin to brown the the center is a pretty golden color.
- Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes before final cooling on a cookie rack.
*If making smaller cookies, use a mini ice cream scoop and bake 10-12 min to start.
**If you want your cookies a little flatter, simple tap pan on a solid surface after removing from the oven (don’t forget to keep your oven mits on).
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free, Top 8 Free
Keywords: chocolate chip, vegan cookies, gluten free cookies, allergy free cookies, chocolate, chocolate chip cookies