Fluffy Blender Pancakes
Some mornings call for oatmeal, others call for muffins, but weekends, absolutely, require pancakes!
Weekends were always my favorite as a child. Waking up whenever I wanted to (which was ALWAYS early), watching Saturday morning cartoons (the ONLY time cartoons were on) and enjoying the smells coming from the kitchen as Mom was making our BIG family breakfast. Back then, that consisted of eggs, & bacon (neither of which I eat now) and best of all, Pancakes! Oh, how I love pancakes.
If you’re new to the blog, then you’ve missed some other pretty sweet pancakes. Berry Smoothie Pancakes (simple to make, just mixed in your blender) Gluten-free Pumpkin Spice Pancakes (bringing in the flavors of the season), Chocolate Chip Brownie Waffles (it’s an oldie on the site, but I included these because waffles are basically pancakes with syrup traps) & Banana Corn Pancakes (another gluten-free, naturally sweetened pancake).
For another delicious blender pancake, try these Flourless Carrot Cake Yogurt Pancakes from Cotter Crunch. They are gluten-free and if you have a dairy allergy, just use a coconut based yogurt like So Delicious.
This time, I want to share with you another pancake that you mix up in your blender, Fluffy Gluten-free Blender Pancakes.
Whether it’s a lazy weekend, or a regular morning, there doesn’t seem to be any other breakfast that screams “I love you” to your kiddos, more than pancakes. That is why I wanted to make sure I included a super easy to make pancake, using your blender (to save you from all the mess), that you can make any day of the week.
These are also free from dairy, eggs, soy & nuts (actually all the Top 8 allergens) but you would never know.
Light & fluffy pancakes topped any way you choose.
Maybe you enjoy chocolate chips sprinkled on top.
Maybe you like to go the healthier route, and opt for fresh fruit.
Maybe you like yours with a big slab of butter & drenched in Grade B Maple syrup.
Ready to make some pancakes? Here’s the recipe
- 1 C. So Delicious Coconut Milk Vanilla
- 2 TB. Coconut oil, melted
- 3 TB. Brown rice syrup
- 2 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 ripe Banana
- 1¾ C. Gluten free flour (Bob's 1 to 1 mix)
- ¼ C. Tapioca flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- Heat griddle to 350° or skillet to medium high.
- In a blender, add all above ingredients and blend until smooth, adding extra milk if batter is too thick.
- Pour batter on to heated skillet to desired pancake size.
- Heat until bubbles start to form then flip. Cook until fluffy and golden on each side.
- Plate and serve with fresh berries, chocolate chips, sprinkle of cinnamon and a drizzle of agave or maple syrup.