Chocolate SunButter Crunch Pops
Did you make this recipe?
This winter, we took the kids to see the movie Creed and it’s been non-stop, all things Rocky since then. We have all watched & re-watched, every single movie over the past 2 months and even now, I’m sitting here with my daughter, watching as Rocky admits to Adrian that he is afraid to fight & lose everything shortly after Mickey’s death. As always, Adrian ends up encouraging him, telling him that she believes in him which leads to a more intensely driven training sequence. Enter “eye of the tiger”……..
This is seriously such a great movie series (Rocky V included)!
Do you know what else is seriously good? Nestle Crunch candy bars, or at least they use to one of my favorites when I was younger. Something about the sweet chocolate with crispy rice in each bite, had me running to the corner store to spend what little money I had as a kid.
As an adult, things have changed a little, especially after food allergies hit. I still enjoy the taste & texture of a crunch bar, but I cannot recall the last time I had one. Typically I just buy an expensive vegan & nut-free bar when I get a craving, however, that’s not always practical or easy to find. SOOOOOO, I decided to make it myself, but instead of creating a big chocolate bar, I thought I’d make a little Lollipop-like bar. It’s the perfect bite-sized treat, plus, it’s super cute, a great size for kids and so much fun to serve at parties. Oh, and I forgot to mention that this little pop uses SunButter as its special mix-in. WOW! So much tastier than any bar I had as a child.
For my Non-allergy friends, in case you haven’t heard of SunButter, let me take a moment to tell you all about it, because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product! SunButter is a Nut free alternative made from Sunflower seeds. This Sunbutter butter, provides a delicious solution for families with peanut and tree nut allergies and is our families #1 “go-to” and is safe for lunches (SB&J), snacks (bars, smoothies, etc.) and peanut and tree nut free recipes(cookies, cakes, breads, toppings, etc). Just think about anywhere you would use peanut butter, and this will work the same way, but without the allergens. And it is not just for families with peanut allergies – SunButter is a Top 8 Free, healthy treat packed with more nutritional benefits than peanut butter with a delicious roasted sunflower seed taste. It simply has just made our life easier and safer (and a little more delicious too!)
Back to the delicious part and the reason you all are here….how to make these Chocolate Pops.
All you need is your dairy-free/vegan chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life dark chocolate mini chips), SunButter & a little puffed Flax cereal (feel free to use puffed rice cereal instead). That’s it! Only 3 ingredients & there is no baking required!
Melt your chocolate (usually a minute in the microwave), then stir until smooth. Stir in your SunButter then fold in your cereal. I told you this was easy!
Line up your dessert sticks across parchment lined baking sheet and start dropping spoonful sizes over the top 1/4 of the stick. I like to use a small ice cream scoop to make each size equal, but use what works for you. Place sheet in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes until set and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Here is a printable copy of the recipe….
Chocolate Sunbutter Crunch Pops
A delicious, allergy-friendly, no-bake, Chocolate bar on a stick that melts in your mouth and not in your hands.
- 1 C. dairy-free dark chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
- 1/2 C. SunButter
- 1/2 C. Crispy cereal (Enjoy Life Flax)
- Lollipop sticks
- Line baking sheet with parchment. Arrange 24 lollipop sticks on paper, leaving at least 2" between.
- In a medium, microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in 30 second intervals. Stir until smooth with a rubber spatula.
- Fold in the SunButter & crispy cereal (flax, chia or rice).
- Drop 1 tablespoon of the chocolate mixture on the top 1/4 of sticks.
- Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Refrigerate 60 minutes and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Cuisine Kid Friendly
Share your cooking fun with us by tagging @allergylicious and hashtag it #allergylicious so we are sure to see it.
And in case you need a little more SunButter inspiration, here’s some other amazing treats for you to try:
- Crunchy Chocolate SunButter Cups (move over Reese’s)
- Chocolate & SunButter Surprise Cupcakes (a favorite & featured on www.Freedible.com)
- Vegan Chocolate Protein Bites (bite-sized protein treat)
- Banana Bread French Toast (because Sunbutter & banana go perfectly together)
- No Bake Bites (so very addicting, but thankfully they’re good for you)
- Cookies-n-Cream Smoothie (brings smoothies to the next level of YUM)
- Cookie Cake from Heaven (it really is!)